Remote control your PC from your Android phone


       If you have ever need to remote control your PC from your Android powered phone, this guide has got you covered. There are many apps on the Google Play store, that allows you to do this. Most of the good ones are paid and the free ones do not work too well.

       Few days ago, I had a situation where I needed to remote control my computer from my tablet, over by local wireless LAN and I was not willing to spend money on something that I do not use that often. I was getting increasingly disappointed with the search I was doing on Google Play until I hot upon a nice little gem, I had known for the last few years, even before Android was steamrolling the market.

        I found Teamviewer in it’s shiny new Android avatar. Now, in the days before Android, Teamviewer was my remote control app for connecting to another PC over the internet or LAN and now it seems I can use it to remote control my PC from an Android phone or tablet.


How does it work?


Quite simple in fact, there are two parts that you need to get.


1>  Teamviewer app on your Android powered phone or tablet



2>   Teamviewer on your computer.



******Remote control in  7 easy step process******


1. Go to http://www.teamviewer.com/hi/download/mobile-app.aspx and download the full version of Team-viewer (it is free for personal use).




2. Install it on your computer. During installation, enter a password and    remember it As shown in pictures.













3. After installation, launch Teamviewer. From the main menu select Options. In   
    the dialog box that open, select “General” and in the “Incoming LAN 
    connection” drop-down box, select “accept exclusively” option and click the 
    [OK] button.

4. Now download the Teamviewer app on your phone or tablet from Here..

5. Launch the app on your phone, make sure you are connected to the wireless 
    LAN.

6. On your PC, check the following information as showed in the picture below, 
    note down the IP address in “Your id”. I have highlighted the field in red. In 
    my case, it is 192.168.1.101

7. On your tablet or phone enter the IP address you took from step 6 in the field 
   “TeamViewer ID” and press the button [Remote control]. Next, enter the 
    password, wait for few seconds, and you should see your desktop on your 
    tablet or phone.

     You can move the mouse using your finger and can even control the keyboard and type in the computer from your tablet. You now have full control of your PC from your tablet and you can launch programs, close programs, write emails, surf the net and even shutdown your PC.


This is how it looks on my tablet after I remote-d in to my PC.




Share on Google Plus

About monty nisarta

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment